About This Project
The client is an industry expert providing retailers with a choice of on-demand self-scan inventory solutions via a solution-as-a-service model. The client has been offering their services for 42 years and is a market leader due to their incredible partnership model with their customers.
The client approached Solunus to help transform Salesforce platform to handle their projects, customer service request, and order placement.
Despite having been using Salesforce for a long time, the client hadn’t integrated the CRM with their other enterprise systems. Hence the processes and data were never in sync.The prime challenge was to connect Salesforce with multiple environments such as the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 hosted in a public cloud environment, JIRA, and 8×8 Call Center.
The client envisioned automated processes to handle their projects and service requests in Salesforce CRM which required seamless dataflow between Salesforce and the above-mentioned external systems.
Solunus provided the client a team of a technical architect & consultants with deep expertise in implementing and integrating multiple systems for this project. Our implementation included:
- Automated the complex date calculations through our custom code, which dynamically change the dates depending on multiple use cases.
- Leveraging the JIRA’s Rest API to successfully integrate JIRA with Salesforce CRM, thus the issues are created & synced back and forth between JIRA and Salesforce seamlessly through batch sync.
- The jobs created in JIRA system is pulled under accounts.
- Integrated Salesforce with cloud hosted MS Dynamic NAV 2009 through SOAP web services providing the ability to push records from Salesforce to NAV in real-time and through nightly batch sync.
- Automated the service requests & call handling process by integrating Service Cloud with 8*8 contact center.
- The integration with JIRA through Service Rocket app enabled service reps to create issues in JIRA in real-time.
With our implementation, the client was able to achieve the following results:
- The automation impacted the way jobs were created for an Account. The implementation reduced the time spent in switching between two systems to capture the account information from the CRM manually.
- Our implementation transformed the entire project creation process. As a result, it saved a lot of time of manual updating of issues and dates of the project activities.
- Integrated Salesforce with Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2009 system simplified the business processes. CRM data flows into NAV seamlessly, thus the financial team always has updated information and processes the invoices at the right time.
- Service requests are handled efficiently and the reps are able to escalate every issue quickly.
- 8*8 contact center integration with Salesforce made registering a case easy which result in the increase of productivity and the performance of customer service agents.