Do you know 2 billion dollars in sales occurred on Cyber Monday alone, making it the biggest online spending day in the US history? When it comes to winning a holiday marketing war in the digital age, the competitions can be intense, especially, if your major competitors are very creative with the campaigns targeting social/internet shoppers. Have a look at the holiday marketing trend 2015 infographic to know your customers better and stay ahead of the game.
Here Are the Takeaways for Marketers:
- People start their holiday shopping early. 25% of shoppers had done some holiday shopping before Halloween. So don’t miss the chance of launching a holiday marketing campaign as early as September.
- With 42% of men and 38% of women do their holiday shopping a month before Christmas, November can make or break all of your marketing efforts. Allocate more advertising budget for November as it is the peak month for holiday shopping season.
- Cyber Monday is still the shoppers’ favorite shopping time of the year. Two billion dollars in sales occurred on Cyber Monday, making it the biggest online spending day in the US history! 48% of the shoppers do the holiday shopping on or before Cyber Monday. Who can resist 50% on top of already sales items?
- 52.9% of holiday shopping was COMPLETED by December 10th.
Focus on Digital Channels
All the companies must level the playing field for digital platforms.
- 80% of shoppers engage with brand through some kind of digital channels before visiting the store. Well, we have to say we are one of them!
- 67% of shoppers purchase a gift they found on social media.
- 65% of shoppers use social media to find the perfect gift.
Allocate Budget to Social Influencers, Bloggers and Vloggers
The influences from bloggers and social media comments and reviews are on the rise and unstoppable. All the pointers show that Vloggers/YouTubers are key influencers for buying decision in this digital era. There is no denying that all of us have watched YouTube videos to see how the products work before we actually visit a store or an on-line store to buy them. YouTubers are relatable and not intrusive, therefore, their reviews carry a lot of weight with social shoppers.
- 90% of consumers believe an online review is more important than getting input from a salesperson.
- 92% of consumers trust recommendations from others even from people they don’t know over branded content.
Courtesy of: The Shelf Solunus partners with the leading technology providers in cloud, mobile and social space. Our team of experts has helped organizations leverage and implement Salesforce Social CRM and Marketing Cloud. Write to us today (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your Marketing Cloud requirements and preliminary assessment.